TRANSPORTATIONTransportation is a critical factor for independent community living. In partnership with our transportation program which offers independence, assistance and choice.
Quality, Personalized, Responsive, affordable service.Program offers door- to- door, individualized service to meet special needs. Our drivers, both volunteer and staff, are carefully vetted, selected, trained and supervised.
When is transportation available?Rides are available Monday to Friday 9: 00 am to 5:00 pm.
Where can you go?The Mississauga services to seniors transportation program provides accessibility and participation in the regular activities of daily living, essential to physical and emotional wellbeing.
Transportation services can take you to:
- Medical appointment
- Rehabilitation programs
- Groceries shopping
- Community program
- Visit a friend/social activities
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?Seniors (55 years or older) or adults with disabilities who:
- Reside in Mississauga service area
- Cannot access public transportation
- Do not qualify for regional wheel-trans service
- Are not able to afford private transport
- Are not able to enter/exist our vehicles with limited assistance
How do I request a ride?Please contact senior intake 905-232-2270. Office hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday After business hours, please leave a voicemail message and your call will be returned on the next business day. Requests must be made one week in advance. Your ride will be confirmed the morning prior to your appointment. When you called please provide us with:
- Your name and phone number
- The date, time, name, address, and phone number information regarding the appointment
- Need assistance
- Entering or exiting a vehicle
- Need and escort
- Have a medical condition, e.g. Epilepsy